MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES 2018-2019
The following DFSC types of membership*/fees are available for those joining between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019. Home Club Gold, Silver or Family Memberships must fulfill volunteer requirements (shown below). Only these membership types may contract for club ice; if a contract is submitted September-May, member must monitor 2 sessions or pay $20/month (maximum 4 sessions required for families submitting >2 contracts/month)
- Home Club Gold Membership – $170.00 Skater required to contract one session per month (based on USFS freestyle test level), unless the skater redeems a ‘no contract waiver’. Gold members are allowed up to two waivers per membership year. If no waiver or contract is submitted, skater will be billed $60/month Sept-May or $40/month June-Aug.
- Home Club Silver Membership – $350.00 Not required to contract monthly, but has the option to submit contract for any month(s). If contract submitted Sept-May, monitor requirements apply.
- Home Club Gold Family Membership – $195.00 for up to four members (Add $10 for each member over and above four-including family synchronized membership). Gold contracting requirements apply for each skater in the family.
A $50 credit will be awarded to each home club member (one credit per family) who fulfills the
26-hour volunteer requirements (Northland 16 hrs, and an additional 10 hrs with
committees/events). Family memberships are required to volunteer 36 hrs (26 at Northland, and
an additional 10 hrs with committees/events). To qualify for the $50 credit, workers must be over
18 years of age. This credit is not transferable or refundable and can be used only to offset ice
costs, test session fees and DFSC sponsored seminars.
- Associate Individual Membership** – $125.00 (Including Associate Synchronized Membership). Must be a home club member of another USFSA sanctioned skating club or individual member of USFSA.
- Associate Family Membership** – $160.00 for up to four members (Add $10 for each member over and above four.) (Including family synchronized membership).
A $25 credit will be awarded to each associate member (one credit per family) who fulfills the
10 volunteer hour requirements (Northland, committees, and events). To qualify for the $25
credit, workers must be over 18 years of age. This credit is not transferable or refundable and can be used only to offset ice costs, test session fees and DFSC sponsored seminars.
- Collegiate – $225.00 initial fee and is good for 4 consecutive years. Skater MUST be enrolled in a post-secondary school at time of registration. Skater may contract for ice only on weekends and any day during June, July and August. These skaters may walk onto a sessions during the week between September and May at which time walk-on fees apply. If skater plans to skate more than weekends and summers, then the home club individual membership applies.
- Home Club Non-Contracting – $120.00 Open to skaters who seek home club membership. Skaters may walk-on to club ice at the Home Club rate, but are not allowed to contract.
* All membership types include precision membership.
** An Associate member must be a home club member of another USFSA-sanctioned skating club.